May 22, 2018 - They're all in the ground

The other two pumpkins were planted this evening.  I planted the 1861 pumpkin and also chose the healthiest between two of the 1522's and two of the 1442's and that ended up being one of the 1522 plants.  I also built a small wind break for the tender plants as the wind will blow pretty good the next couple of days.  Not helping matters will be afternoon temperatures in the 90s - again SW Kansas has harsh growing weather for Atlantic Giant Pumpkins.

Here are the 1522 (closest to the camera) and the 1861 plants.



The 1733 plant is on the west side of the garden.

 

So I started the process this year about 10 days later than last year.  I'm hoping everything catches up though given the added nutrients to the soil and with the different techniques I'm going to try this growing season.  I need, or would like to get, all the pumpkins pollinated no-later-than July 1.

The earlier posts are here and here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving it another go!

Good news and better news!

Got the Heck Out Of Dodge but trying again to grow a 1/2 ton pumpkin